Useful tips for walk in shower or wet-room installation with Altro flooring:
- Make sure you have enough space under floorboards, so all plumbing and waste trap can fit.
- Use existing floorboards as a sub-floor and don’t forget to screw 12-18 mm waterproof plywood on top of it
- Make sure there is sufficient slope for water drainage (very important !) before laying tiles or safety flooring fitting.
- Do get correct wet room drain (must be suitable for tile and/or vinyl flooring.)
- Do not use basic tile trim. Do get Vinyl to Tile C8 tile trim. It would be easier to make waterproof seal between wall tiles and safety flooring.
- Before laying wall tiles: fix waterproof boards in areas around shower mixer and other opposite walls can be done with green waterproof plasterboard.
- Use only waterproof good quality grout on walls to prevent moister penetration.
Here is example of our work, completed project for commercial customer: Hestia Housing & Support. Existing bathroom and shower-room both been converted in walk-in-shower rooms with Altro Safety Flooring Installation.
Shower room in Wandsworth before refurbishment.
Walk in Shower in Wandsworth completion.
TipTop Builders have many years experience in shower-room, wet-room and walk-in-shower installations. Please, give us a call on 07773329762 or fill out form FREE QUOTE (we will reply within 24 hours to arrange free visit and quotation)