TipTop Builders fully transformed the layout of the shower room for a customer in West Hampstead NW6. The ideas were to achieve a modern luxury looking shower with standout features like:
- Niches with LED lighting to use all available space
- Strip lighting controlled by a smartphone to adjust colour and brightness for different occasions
- Large tiles on walls and floor to make the room looks bigger
- Wall hung toilet and basin look very modern and minimalistic, taking up less space in the shower room and giving it a clean, airy aesthetic.
- Dark wall tiles and shower tray – evoking richness and luxury, dark bathrooms have a gutsy, bold aesthetic and make a strong style statement. It creates a mysterious moody vibe and lends an atmospheric, emotional feel to your shower or bathroom
We provide photos of shower room refurbishment on different stages from start to completion.
2. Demolishing and Removal
We are about to strip of all wall and floor tiles, removing the old shower tray and glass, toilet and basin. We have found two layers of wall tiles. It is good to remove all unnecessary layers (including old pipes and cables), so we can start fresh.
3. Electrical and Plumbing
TipTop Builders run new cables to provide power supply for niche strip lights, spotlight, mirror cabinet with shaver socket and ceiling lighting. Our plumber is changing the water supply for the shower mixer, basin, toilet, bidder and provide new pipeworks with the right slope for the shower tray, wall hung toilet and basin. It is important to do pipes in the right places and to take into account all required layers (plywood, tile adhesive and tiles). That way installation of all sanitaryware will be easy.
4. Tiling Walls and Floor
Here we install 60cm x 60cm wall tiles and 90cm x 90cm floor tiles.
An important point to remember is that the surface you are working on, may that be the floor or wall, should be completely flat. Tiles do not bend and particularly large tiles find it harder to correct any imperfections on the surface. Fitting large format tiles is quite quick, but cutting and drilling holes in tiles take significant time and required professional tools.
- LED smart lighting
- Shower tray and glass panel
- Shower mixer with jets
- Vanity unit and basin
- Wall hung toilet
- Radiator and valves
- Mirror wall cabinet
- Silicon and waterproofing all corners
- New door and lock
- Fitting hooks and toilet paper holder